Saturday 23 April 2011

Today's positive steps

I woke up feeling about 95% better today. Looks like the website I found yesterday was right when it said the 4th through 6th days are the worst then recovery starts on the 7th day. Today's the 7th day and I'm so glad to be feeling better!

This morning I went to a community meeting to listen to and speak with our local Liberal representative and Bob Rae. I've got pictures of me with them on my Facebook page too (which means I'll never be allowed in a Conservative rally LOL). I showed up at the meeting to discover they'd set out a box of a dozen doughnuts plus two bowls of treats (mini chocolate bars and suckers). The fridge was also well stocked with regular soft drinks. I got a glass of water.


After lunch I went out for a walk with teenage son and a friend of mine to a local green space. It wasn't a brisk walk, but considering the lack of exercise I've had this week, it was a good start for me. Plus it was gorgeous out, we left our coats in the car and halfway through the walk I was wishing I'd put on shorts. Considering yesterday was about 6C that was amazing!

Teenage son really wanted ice cream so we went to a nearby ice cream parlour for a treat. Son picked out a huge double-scoop treat in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl. I picked out a kiddie cone of orange sorbet (roughly 80 calories according to the Chapmans website). Bonus is I got full before I ate the cone and gave it to teenage son (who's going through a growth spurt and is perpetually hungry).

And for dinner tonight I made vegetarian hot and sour soup and a garden salad... followed with fresh strawberries for dessert.

I'm looking forward to seeing the scale go into the 160's next week and I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment