Tuesday 19 April 2011

Making choices

I was sick all day yesterday and never got around to blogging (or exercising for that matter). A rousing game of Mario Kart tired me out... enough said LOL.

Today I worked for 3 1/2 hours and got sent home early plus my boss found someone to cover my shift for tomorrow. One of my coworkers offered to perform the Heimlich maneuver during one of my coughing fits... also enough said LOL.

We had frozen pizza for dinner tonight. Not the best option although not the worst. I had it with a tossed salad and a glass of skim milk. I'll probably never buy the pizza again. It was billed as a garlic bread bruschetta pizza but for me it was too bland and too sweet. I'd rather make a more flavourful (and less fatty) pizza myself.

After dinner I needed to stop by work and told my son that if he walked with me I'd pick up a treat for him. I'd been all set to buy a new doughnut, similar to a boston cream but with caramel filling and toffee sprinkles. I'm glad I didn't as the doughnut (at 330 calories and 11 grams of fat) had the exact same amount of calories and almost as much fat as the pizza. I got two timbits instead.

And now I'm having a mug of tea instead of a mug of hot chocolate. And hopefully tomorrow I'll feel well enough to pull out the My Fitness Coach in the morning!

UPDATE: I thawed a container of egg whites and roasted veggies to make a wrap on Monday and it turned out very well. I'll be taking another one with me to work on Friday for my morning break!

No comments:

Post a Comment