Wednesday 20 April 2011

40 pound weight loss

I weighed myself this morning and was thrilled to discover I've lost 4lbs this week... bringing me down to 172lbs. My start weight on January 1st 2009 was 212lbs which puts me at a 40lb loss.

I figured I'd search up a bunch of 40lb objects on Google to get a tangible idea of how much I'd lost but didn't have much luck. I did find a few pictures though.


Here's a 40lb motor bike and...


A 40lb dog. I didn't add a link to the original photo because it was on one of those "Google Answer" pages and I couldn't even find the photo on the page (the dog is named Zoe). And...


40lbs of sweet potatoes. I didn't find many photos but I found enough to be glad I've lost that 40lbs! I've noticed a huge difference in how I feel already. I'm sick right now (along with most of Canada LOL) but I can't remember the last time I had a cold like this. Before I had a cold about once a month.

I really noticed it when it comes to donating blood. You can donate once every three months which adds up to about 4 times a year (depending on when the clinics fall). Looking at the back of my blood donor card for the last 7 donations I donated on:

July 14, 2007
December 8, 2008
April 13, 2009
December 19, 2009
November 20, 2010
January 22, 2011
March 19, 2011

My previous donation had been in 2006 so I missed three donations in 2007, three in 2008, two in 2009 and three in 2010. Most of those appointments were made then cancelled because I was sick. I haven't missed a donation since November (my next is in another month).

I have approximately 32lbs to go before I reach my goal weight. I'm looking forward to becoming even healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment