Friday 22 April 2011

TGIF

I picked up this cold on Sunday so I figure I should be getting to the tail end of it soon. Thank goodness because my coughing sounds like a cross between an 80 year old chain smoker and a cat coughing up a fur ball. My poor son couldn't decide whether to attempt the Heimlich maneuver or call 911. Once I stopped coughing he settled for a semi-sympathetic "Gee Mom... you sound really sick. Why don't you go to bed and let me on the computer?"

I managed to work my whole 8 hour shift at work today (I suspect my coworkers weren't entirely sure I'd make it LOL) and it was busy! Actually the busy was a good thing as it kept me moving and made the shift go by quickly.


I made a very simple dinner of spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce tonight. The pasta was my usual brand - PC Blue Menu Spaghetti with Omega-3. I like it because it tastes like plain white pasta but has 6g of fibre per serving and 13g of protein. The sauce was a quick sauce made with a can of no salt added diced tomatoes, a can of PC Blue Menu roasted red pepper and tomato soup, and diced peppers, onions, and celery (with herbs and garlic added for flavour). I often roast veggies for added flavour but that just wasn't happening tonight!

I toyed with the idea of heading out for a walk after dinner but the temperature's hovering around 6C, the wind was picking up, and the clouds were rolling in. And my last few coughing fits took a lot out of me. I'm counting them as cardio and core exercises and heading off for a bath instead! According to the forecast, tomorrow afternoon is supposed to be cloudy periods and a high of 16C... that sounds like wonderful walking weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment