Tuesday 12 July 2011

Water retention

I don't think I've retained this much water since I was 9 months pregnant! By bedtime my shins and toes are tight and sore. I bounced up to 176lbs a few days ago and just keep sitting there.

I did some googling today and discovered this:

In the summer, body weight can go up by several pounds due to increased body water. This is accomplished through fluid-conserving hormones such as aldosterone, which allows the kidney to retain more fluid and reduces the amount of salt in sweat, a measure that also aids in water retention. The increase and stabilization of total body water can only be accomplished by continuing to exercise in hot weather and will not occur in people who spend most of their time indoors in air-conditioned environments.

Which makes sense. I have been continuing to exercise and spend very little time in air conditioning. I'm going to keep my feet up this afternoon (and continue drinking water when thirsty... which is often LOL) and I'm going to walk in the evening when it starts to cool down a bit.

I'm figuring when the humidity drops I'm going to have a sudden, rapid weight loss.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this blog.I am read this blog & I belive more people visit this site, they got more knowledge by read this blog.

    Water retention

    ReplyDelete