Sunday 17 July 2011

The dog days of summer

Yesterday my son and I went for a walk in the Rouge Valley with a friend of ours. Amazing trail! Lots of hills. And it was great being in the woods. I swear the temperature dropped at least 5 degrees just walking under the trees. I definitely want to go back there for a walk.

We went swimming afterward but I got tuckered out and hungry pretty quickly. I figured it was because I donated blood directly before our hike through the Rouge.

Today has been HOT! I didn't get anything done exercise wise other than rearrange our kitchen (including moving the fridge). I'd been thinking of heading out for a walk after breakfast but it was 29C at 10am this morning with a humidex of 35C. Walked out on my balcony to have a breath of cool morning air and, nothing but heat. I'm going to bed early tonight though and heading out for a walk first thing tomorrow when it's not *quite* as hot.

Just looked at The Weather Network and it's calling for a drop in temperature first thing tomorrow (woo hoo) and thunderstorms. Maybe I'll be lucky and there'll be thunderstorms bright and early (or would that be dark and early?) and it'll clear up right after breakfast for my walk.

I went grocery shopping this morning and bought a club pack of no name cream bars. Each bar is 60 calories for a good sized bar and they're yummy too. I also bought a clamshell package of fresh Ontario cherries and had a bowl with dinner.

Wish me luck with my morning walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment